You can get rid of sugar cravings in just 4 DAYS!
If you are like me, the sugary treats my kids are collecting from the Easter egg hunts, can be so tempting!
It can be easy to justify how "just one bite" won't hurt, but is that true?
I am all about finding joy in food, but when you consume food as damaging as sugar, you may not find it as joyful.
Adult men take in an average of 24 teaspoons of added sugar per day, and women average around 17 teaspoons a day, according to the National Cancer Institute.
However, the American Heart Association suggests that women consume no more than 100 calories (about 6 teaspoons or 24 grams) and men no more than 150 calories (about 9 teaspoons or 36 grams) of added sugar per day. That is close to the amount in a 12-ounce can of soda.
So, how is all of this sugar affecting you?
It can cause Weight Gain: Consuming too much added sugar, especially from sugary beverages, increases your risk of weight gain and can lead to visceral fat accumulation.
- It may increase your risk of Heart Disease: Added sugar consumption increases heart disease risk factors such as obesity, high blood pressure, and inflammation. High-sugar diets have been linked to an increased risk of heart disease.
- Linked to Acne: High-sugar diets can increase androgen secretion, oil production, and inflammation, all of which can raise your risk of developing acne.
- It may increase Joint Pain: sugar consumption has been associated with inflammation which has been shown to cause joint pain.
- Skin Damage and Aging: the inflammation damages your collagen and elastin causing wrinkles and sagging skin.
- It also damages your liver, your heart, your pancreas, your brain, your teeth, your mood, your immune system, your kidneys, your sexual health and so many other parts of your body.
Basically, processed sugar is damaging, so why do we eat it?
Well, it tastes good and it is addicting, but we can easily get over this addiction.
How can you do that? It only takes 4 days of detoxing to heal your sugar addiction!
This detox is for you if you are:
- Ready to have increased energy without the sugar addictions
- Ready to sleep better
- Ready to have control around your cravings
- Ready to balance your blood sugars
- Ready to boost your immune system
Find out more here of how you can easily gain these benefits, plus so many more!